Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My first international tournament experience



Did you know that in our category (B-10), we got 3 medals each plus 1 bronze for Paulo (individual medal), and only 2 of the boys from Vietnam got 2 medals each and rest got 1 medal only for team competition. Plus to their medals were that of individual medals. If only prior to the game teammates were already identified, we should have gotten all the golds. But the points were taken from the top three players of each country. So imagine we are only 3 and there are 17 vietnamese kids. What do you expect? Elijah and Paulo and Me got paired in some game, so that is already minus 1 or 2 points from our team. In our category, we got the most number of participants, so landing on no. 5 during the Rapid game is not bad. You must see who were paired during that last round. Board 1 and 2, Viet vs Viet and me on Board 3 vs. Viet. Though I won the game my mom already told me to just wish and pray. She told me that their game will be fixed already, they wont give me a place. And so it happened, all the four boys got individual medal. 1 gold and 3 silvers...they tied and I just bumped off to the fifth place with no medal even the bronze one. I was so unhappy but I can't do nothing. Even Paulo suffered the same faith during the standard game. But we did our best, our very very best. It was so tiring but a very momorable experience. My first international tournament!
see more pictures on my flicker photos .............

No comments:

Post a Comment