Saturday, October 18, 2008

My First Simultaneous Exhibition Chess Game


October 18, 2008
St. Anthony School, San Andres St. cor Singalong St., Manila
Doing Simul Chess Game with me are Paulo Bersamina and Haridas Pascua. We played with over 60 students.

I played from board 1 to board 15. Paulo played against those from boards 16 to 30. And Kuya Harry took all the boards from 31 up.


It was actually a tiring event but a very very nice experience. I need to practically run from board 1 to board 15 and move pieces from board to board because we have chess clocks. Our opponent were given 25 minutes and we are given 45 minutes.

The very enthusiastic students of St.Anthony watching as I played with the last player standing. This guy actually is their last year champion and in today`s tournament he again captured the first place trophy. But did he won this game with me, he still have 20 minutes left and me with 3 minutes to go? No no no... I won the game! And practically won all other games. Astig diba?!

After the simul game they proceeded with 7-round games participated by 78 pairs but after round 5 I noticed that half of the boards already had no more players. And then I presented the award to the winners after the final scores had been announced. Photo shoot with all the winners after the awarding and with the Tournament Director a chess enthusiast by heart, Doctor Gilbert Perez. Also the organizer of the 1st Saturday Magnolia chess tournament and the Barangay Don Bosco Chess Club of Paranaque City. Thank you for supporting chess in your own way. And thank you for the invitation. Hope to do again next year! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment