Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10th Asean+ Age Group Chess Championship

Goodluck to my co-kiddie chess players who are now in Vietnam and representatives to the 10th Asean+ Age Group Chess Championship. Try very hard to gain a medal, I believe we are much talented and better than them. Truly! I been there last year. I ranked 5th in the Rapid 1o-under category, and actually the top 4 are all Vietnamese because at the last round they just been paired together. It will be an individual and a country competition, not a team as if there will be Team A, Team B, for each country. If total TEAM POINTS to be summed up will be equivalent to the points of the top 3 players of each category per country (just like last year), what do you think will happen if we only have 2 players on each category? Last year, in my category I go home with 2 silver medals and 1 bronze, for the Rapid, Blitz and Standard categories respectively.

Hope you harvest more Individual and Team medals. Good luck and prayers to my gallant chess kiddie players and friends, Dennis Gutierrez Jr (8-under), Paulo Bersamina(12-under), Vince Angelo Medina (14-under), Samanta Glo Revita and, Marie Antoinette San Diego (Girls 10-under), Bernadette Galas (Girls 14-under) and to the representatives of my category 10-under, Daniel John Lemi, Tristan Frech Ibaoc and Rhenzi Kyle Sevillano. Gather that points and bring home the bacon... with the medals of course!

For current ranking and event results, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment