Monday, August 23, 2010

6th Prospero A. Pichay Cup Open and Challenge - A win over a CM and a showdown

I was paired to a senior and a Candidate Master last Sunday and I won the two games.  Round 2 was with Mr. Orlando Cruz, me on black pieces; and I was actually playing right beside my coach Mr. Chris Rodriguez playing on the opposite color where he could see my every move.  That is why I played so carefully.  Making sure every move is the best one.

My round 3 is with Candidate Master GOUNDAR Sanmogam of Fiji. I got the advantage position while he played defensively.  He was time-troubled and got flagged down while I still have 22 minutes left.  I think he is the only Candidate Master playing in the challenger division.  Maybe he was unable to calculate his opponent well, for I am still a kid and he doesn't knew me.

Wish me goodluck on my Round 4 for this is going to be showdown.  On Board 8 it will be Jerad Docena (white) vs me on black pieces. Oh! what an early match-up with my friend.  May God bless me in this game... Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment