Sunday, March 2, 2014

FROM A ROOKIE TO MVP!, FROM A KIDDIE TO JUNIOR.

After my last post last May 2012 where I was given a notable award in my hometown, my life as a chess player and a student continues.  In 2012, I joined two international events.  The 13th Asean Age Group Chess Championship held at Hue, Vietnam where I won Individual Gold Medal and Bronze in Blitz and Standard events respectively. And Team Bronze medals in Standard, Rapid and Blitz events.  I also joined the Philippine Junior Chess Team in the 2012 Asian Youth Chess Championship, held at Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka and did a very performance which increased my ratings.

2013, is a very good year as Chess brought me to more countries like Changmai, Thailand where we compete for the 14th Asean Age Group Chess Championship and I won Individual Gold Medal in the Blitz event.  The 2013 Asian Youth Chess Championship held at Sari, Mazandran, Iran, I am also a Bronze Medalist. The 2nd ASEAN vs. CHINA Junior Chess Classics 2013 held at Kumning City, Yunann, China.  My second time to join this event and with some problems encountered along the way, three of us who represented our country come home with each honours.  Silver medal for me, for my over-all performance among the boys.  And Overall team championship for the ASEAN team, with our Team Philippines contributing more points for the ASEAN Team.  The last one which actually coincide with one grand championship event that I am supposed to attend but rather choose to play in the Serangoon Inter-Team Chess Championship in Serangoon, Singapore.  It was an honor to be invited by Philippine Chess Grandmasters Nelson 'Jet' Mariano II and Buenaventura 'Bong' Villamayor to be a part of their team.  Though it is only some few days staying with the Chesskidz Singapore it was such an experience to remember.  Specially with the hospitality and generosity of GM Jet and GM Bong who been instrumental to my growth as a chess player.

And it is now 2014... I am already a Junior!!!  The Rookie is now an MVP!

My most recent achievement: Most Valuable Player – UAAP Season 76 Chess JuniorThe Universities Athletic Association of the Philippines, established in 1938, is a sports association of eight universities in the Philippines. Each year, teams from these universities play in 15 sports.

And because the kiddie is now a junior.  Soon I`ll call this as juniorchessplayer blog? :)
 






No comments:

Post a Comment