Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Daryl Unix champions 8 Under Category Marikina City Invitational Chess


Daryl Unix is the top player for 8 Under category on the recently held
Marikina City Invitational Chess Championship at the Marikina Sports Complex Marikina City on December 23, 2007. I score 3 out 5 games. Won the first game with Joribene Bonifacio (11 yrs old), lost by blunder to Renato Cruz (11) on the game, won the 3rd game to Oliver Knight Caranto (10), lost by technical to Carlo Caragayan (9). Well I almost won the game with 2 pawns ahead on the end game. I even offered a draw but he refused to. Less of knowledge about some rules of the games, i should have call the arbiter.. well, lessons learned. Won my last game to Jean Enriquez (11), who have a very good opening... a dutch opening, unexpected of her age. But luckily i was able to get my position and eventually won the game. My last two games were very interesting, we were able to reach the end game and we were actually the last players to stand up. But all the hard work paid off. I got a gold medal, a trophy and P800.00 cash prize. My Christmas wish... hope to win more tournaments.

Anyway, my one wish had been granted on that day. I am able to meet and have pictures with my idol, Mr. Eugene Torre.

see picture taken on my flicker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment