Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2008 NCR Elims - National Chess Championship




I am sharing here photos taken from the 3-day event NCR Elimination - Chess Olympiad. Just wanted parents to know of the very nice venue, the same venue where the National Age Group will be held. The place condition is very far compared to the Market Place. Thanks God they listen!

I also joined the event for tune up. I scored 2 out of 7 games. Just there to test my patience and way of introducing to me how to play during 'long game'. Though I tried very hard to give my best but still I lost most of the games. As coach Rodriguez told me, i was still exchanging moves quite fast though I felt like I am already thinking for quite a long while before I moving my piece. It was nice playing with the veterans and with the rated players. Together with the other kiddie players we were just playing on the lowest board and winning a game is almost heaven. Homel Cunanan and brother Harold was also there, but can hardly get a score. They only got to score 1 point only and on the third day, they no longer joined the game. Homel should have been packing his things then for his game in Australia. Good luck my friend!. Hope someday I can already join you on your trip. Just wishing .. and praying ... anyways dream are free..

"I learned that there were two ways I could live my life: following my dreams or doing something else. Dreams aren't a matter of chance, but a matter of choice. When I dream, I believe I am rehearsing my future."--David Copperfield

More NCR elim pictures on my flicker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment