Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bgy Cembo SK 1st 1900 Below/25 min Active Chess Tournament - Daryl Unix Top Kiddie

It's my first time to join this kind of event. I was actually in awe when my parents told me that I will be playing with players with 1900 below ratings and this will be open from kids to seniors. But then I was given that assurance that it will be ok even if I don't win. This is going to be for my exposure and experience only.

There were blunders on the way. I can't get my tempo if i need to play fast or to play mellow. They observed that when I am already on a winning position, i got excited and had that tendency to play fast since I already assume that I am on the right track. After 2 looses I learned my lessons. I took the advice of my coach and finally got back on track.

I won the Top Kiddie category but actually tied with Kristian Paulo with a score of 4 points. But still is very very happy because Paulo is i think 12 years already. But, I actually have a trophy that cannot be brought home. I defeated the biggest guy on the tournament. During our game he was actually covering his face, our game ended with a checkmate. He just got tired waiting for me to commit an error. = )

Everybody is exhausted already but everybody is happy. My AdU team also landed to the top 10. Thanks to my coach. And Thanks God! All of these I am returning to You, all the praises and this talent. Amen.


see pictures from Cembo on my flicker...

No comments:

Post a Comment