Thursday, August 6, 2009

President Cory Aquino Funeral Procession - Quirino Avenue View

August 5, 2009. It was the day Ex-President Cory Aquino will be laid to her final resting place and it was declared a non-working holiday. But we were told that we will have a training on that day. So, early that day we went to school and found out later that our training was cancelled. There were only four of us not been informed of the cancellation. One of the player later found out it in a text message after he charged his cellphone at the school. We didn`t received any text from any of them that it was cancelled. My mother even bothered to go to the school since she have to bring our lunch. Though it was a rest day already for her, a chance where every employee is been longing for, a paid un-expected holiday in-between their regular working days.
But then our family still made the day worthwhile. After some blitz game we decided to pack-up and have our lunch. We are to eat in an eatery when Mother looked at the TV monitor and saw the funeral procession has been starting already. She then decided to have our lunch at McDonalds at Quirino cor Taft Avenues. The procession will be passing that way. I saw the overwhelming number of people from different classes. I cheered as Tita Cory passes by. I also shouted Cory! Cory! with the Laban sign even if I don`t know what it meant. But I think I just did it automatically. Or maybe, it is because of my Filipino instinct that prompted me to do it naturally and unconsciously.


No comments:

Post a Comment