Monday, April 7, 2008

Daryl Unix - 2nd place 10-UB National Agre Group



Thanks God! It is over. And Thanks God & Mama Mary for the answered prayers for all my hard work paid-off.

My last two days of tourney been very well. On the fourth day, I scored 1.5.
Round 5 - A draw with Elijah Maliam – rate 1732. Round 6 -Won the game against Carlo Caranyagan – rate 1958 on board 3. On the last day, round 7 started past 2pm. I am up again at board 3 playing against Tristan Frech Ibaoc – rate 1712. Everybody in the family was so tense. I know my parents are praying so hard. Even my team mates are watching closely. And finally I made it! I won that last round. I scored 5.5 out of 7 games. Although I know I will land on the top three my prayers didn’t stop. I thank Him and Mary for all the guidance. I even wish for a bonus… that I place 2nd. I was waiting for whose name to be mentioned first, and it was Maliam. Oh how happy we are. So much for the graces I placed 2nd and will also be going to Vietnam to represent the Philippines.

Well, think again Daryl, it’s not yet over. It is just beginning. Still have Vietnam to prepare to, and who knows, the World chess tournament.
see related news:

BTW, thanks pinoychess.informe.com for featuring me on your website and thanks for the congratulatory greetings. Please visit his very informative page.. http://pinoychess.informe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment