Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dr. Jose P. Leviste Sr. Inter-University Chess Festival





I started at board 22 and ended up at board 4 on round 7. I scored 5 out of 7. Won 4 games, 2 draws and lose 1. On the Grade School Division overall I placed 6th. Just a half point away to be on the top 5 players. There are 59 players on the elementary division and it was an inter-university tournament. I could happily settle for a bronze. And why not? Other players had their school coaches and me I am playing alone representing my school, Republic Institute. I could have been so proud if I was able to win my last round with Alcon Paul Datu. But I got time trouble and have to offer a draw. I should fall as 2nd or 3rd if I won my last game. I’ve always been placed always at the cut-off. There were special awards, Top kinder, Top Grade 1 and Top Grade 2... and me? I am in Grade 3. Just a half point away to be on the top 5 players who were given awards and prizes.
My congratulations to my kuya Ali Guya of Adamson University, for topping the high school division. I envy that trophy!!! (I will have one, like that too!)And to kuya Ramie Lord Guerra of Adamson University who finished fourth on the college division. I got to meet kuya Haridas Pascua on that event. He is very nice. Hope I will be like him someday and we can play chess out of the country together.
(My opponents and game result on this game were: Nathan Gahu (win), Dennis Gutierrez Jr (win), Nyek Cual (win), Jerome Lumacad (win), Christian Nanola (draw), Malcom Kwok (loss),
Alcon Paul Datu (draw)).

No comments:

Post a Comment