Thursday, April 24, 2008

Summer Training

It is already summer but I still can't get the feeling of my summer vacation. Almost everyday I have to attend my training together with the Adamson Chess Varsity. For weeks now I am not able to get home and go swimming. I should be spending my vacation back home but even now I can’t even spend weekends in our house in Malabon. That is because of my busy schedule especially this summer where chess tournaments are being held from town to town. I even missed the Active Chess Tournament in our covered court at Barangay Tonsuya, Malabon City. Though it was held on a weekend it coincides with the tournament I attended at the Ateneo de Manila University. I maybe the youngest player there and my friends, neighbors and cousins should have seen me play. I had some games with some of the chess players in our barangay. Last year, I remember playing with some of the teenagers in our street (Judge Oreta St). Oftentimes I loose since I am still learning. But now I may say, they are no match now. They don’t even know yet that I am going to Vietnam this June to represent our country, our town, and our little barangay. As my parent always remind me, be a humble achiever and show respect to those who have helped me got to where I am now (and in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment