Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 Davao Age Group

04.26.2010.  Davao City.  We arrived in Davao City last Saturday and proceeded to my lola`s house.  After resting a little we went to Gaisano Mall to check the venue and see if there was a registration going on in the assigned venue.  The activity area was busy, an event is on-going and we did not noticed any pre-registration activity for the next day`s event.

Game 1 started so late. The players are already restless. The category where I belong (BOYS 12-Under) had the most number of participants.  We are 57 on the list and I started at Board 21.

I won in Game 1.  Game 2, was much of an experience.  We were already in the middle of the game when we were recalled.  There was problem in pairing, so practically I had 2 games in Game 2.  But Thanks God! I won again.  The tempo of the player might get affected.  Hope this won`t happen again.  It was so tiring and I still have Game 3 in the afternoon.

After this event (Age-Group), we will go home and wait for our departure for the Palarong Pambansa which will start on May 8.  I'll be missing the chance to join the Juniors, the event that will soon follow after the Age-Group and the qualifying event for the World Juniors in New Delhi, India!  It was kind of frustrating because we cannot just go on without any support and funding to participate.  The willingness and spirit is here but ... to tell you the truth we can`t make it all by ourselves and probably this is true to all the players who always have their supporting and loving parents to back them up.

Game 4 and 5 tomorrow... God bless everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Why is it called the Age Group? Anyway, I was just surfing the net and I came across your page.I wonder about the name so I thought I have to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete